THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Books.

I'm re-reading the book The Giver. It's a really good book. Anyone who hasn't read it should. I'm almost finished with it and I started reading it at 12:00 this afternoon. Amazing, isn't it? I think I'll read it again tomorrow if I have time in school. I know that I'm crazy because I re-read things so many times, Mom. Let's see... the most times I've re-read a book was... I think maybe 7? It was a book called... Oh what was it called??? Oh yeah, The Fairy Rebel. It was a short book. I've read all of the Harry Potter books at least twice. The most I've read one of them was maybe 4 and I think it was the first one. When the seventh Harry Potter book came out, Mom and I had a reading competition, to see who could finish it first. She won. By like 2 pages, too. I was mad. There was no bet, so I didn't lose anything. I stayed up VERY late reading during that competition. And I still lost! And I got like a 2 day head start!!! UGH! Oh well.


The book I'm reading in school is taking me forever to read. I finished the book I was reading at the beginning of the year, The Thief Lord, and then I started Sea Of Trolls. I've been reading it (Or trying) for 2 quarters now. It's gotten pretty boring, that's the only reason why I've slowed down, Mom. (She kept on bugging me about why I hadn't finished it yet.) :) lol. Sorry. Ok, well I'm going to go find some cool socks. I have to start begging you for more awesome fuzzy cool socks, Mom. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (READ!!!!!!!!)

4 comments:

dkuroiwa said...

I have been re-reading books since I can remember!! When I was in the 1st grade, I checked out "Green Eggs and Ham" (a classic in its own right!) almost every week. The librarian finally gave me the book!!! :-D
My favorite is "Illusions" by Richard Bach...I got it when I graduated from university many many moons ago and I keep it with me wherever I go!!
Have a great day Taylor...I sure you're feeling better soon!!

Taylor said...

:) I loved Green Eggs and Ham. Once I lost it (library book) and I (meaning Mom) almost had to pay for it. I haven't heard of Illusions. You have a great too, and I do feel better. :)

Gina said...

Not almost... I did have to pay for it. It was money well spent though. I don't usually reread books because there are so many wonderful ones that I haven't read but there are a few that I love and will probably be rereading until I die.

Leeann said...

Taylor,

My daughter and I re-read books also. She has read most of the Potter series 6-7 times.

I have two shelves in our loft dedicated to books that I love so much that I re-read them often. I even went and found beloved books from my childhood and they are also on those shelves. It's as comforting as a soft blanket.
:-)

Leeann