THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 11, 2008

Band and hearts.... (Ew...)

So, who remembers my post "With Chair Tests In Band, All You Need Is Patience And Practice"? Only one? Thank you, Mom. Ok, well it turns out that I was wrong about one part of that. Ok two. Autumn is a real girl. And she's also OFICIALLY a real lower brass. Well, sorta. When I said she plays the bari sax, I was confused. She played the tenor sax, which is after alto. At the beginning of this *school* year, she played alto, then she switched to tenor, and, just today, she's switched to bari! It was really funny.

Who's ever seen a bari sax? THEY'RE REALLY BIG!!! Well, they also have a really low sound to. This is the highlight of my day: During warmup, Autumn tried to play the bari for the first time. She did really good, and it sounded REALLY funny. Not that it was a weird sound, just that it was just low enough that it made me laugh. Well, I cracked up in the middle of warmup (I've been laughing at nothing all day. I think it's because I was totally awake today when I went to school. Oh, and I've been getting the hiccups, which made me laugh more, which made me hiccup more!) and, thankfully, my teacher... What did I address him as? Oh yeah, (lol) Mr. Band Teacher is nice and doesn't care about things like that. If there's a lot of people doing stuff like that, he'll stop the band, shake his head slowly, and say in his froggy voice "I don't care about people who play ahead. I don't care about people who won't play. I just want this band to keep going." (Does that even make any sense???) Well, there you go. That was the highlight of my day.

Now, science is my least favorite subject of all. That is because we've had two dissections this year, and I haven't gotten a seal in his class. (He doesn't like kids.) Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll, Mr. Icky Yucky Science Teacher made us open up a poor little *SHEEP'S HEART* and stick little pieces of lable paper on pins INTO IT! Me and my friend wanted to throw up. We were, actually. But we held it in, 'cuz science would be over in like *2* minutes. That was pretty much the worst part of my day. :(

1 comments:

Gina said...

It sounds like a crazy day, no wonder you've been so quiet.